Our Guardian Home Program is when a family has one of our dogs in their home and care full time.
The dog is placed with the Guardian at no cost to the Guardian family. The dog will stay with the Guardian family the majority of her life, except for when she is in her heat cycle, when whelping, and when caring for her puppies up to 5-6 weeks of age.
We have ownership and exclusive breeding rights, meaning she cannot be bred to any other males outside our breeding program. Once the contract is fulfilled (usually at 6 years of age), we will spay her and sign over complete ownership to the guardian family.
What are the Requirements of a Potential Guardian?
- Live within 60 miles of Island Grove Pet Kennels.
- Experienced Pet Owner.
- Have a fenced in yard or outdoor area for keeping the dog in the yard and other dogs out.
- Be willing to provide potty and basic obedience training.
- Feed recommended food and give recommended supplements provided by the breeder.
- Be financially responsible for routine care of the dog such as purchasing food, routine vaccinations and vet visits, heartworm/flea & tick prevention, and grooming.
- Provide adequate exercise for the dog on daily basis.
Advantages of Being a Guardian Home?
- You are the Guardian of an Amazing Dog! – When we choose a puppy to join our program, we are looking for the best! We choose a puppy based on healthy genetics and bloodlines, temperament, and color, so we can ensure you and our puppy families receive awesome companions.
- You get to join in on the excitement of seeing the puppies of your dog grow.
- Free puppy/dog sitting when the guardian family needs to go out of town.
- Breeder pays for spay at the end of the contract.
- Guardian is paid $50 per puppy sold from the dog’s litters.
- Breeder support for the lifetime of the dog.
Available for the Guardian Program
AKC Standard Poodle
Daughter of: Nala
Weight : 50 lbs
Read full bio
Anna is one of our babies. She is a chocolate, phantom, standard Poodle. She is beautiful and smart. We see a lot of her mom, Nala in her. She is more shy to new things, but has a laid back personality. She loves children and loves when she gets to run and play with them. She is going through training now as a puppy, but will be completing her health testing at the age of two. We expect her to be mom of our Standard and Mini Poodle litters.
Betty is our youngest AKC Bernese Mountain Dog. Betty is special to us because her mom is sisters with our BMD mom, Grace. Betty has a lot of the same qualities as Grace. She is a wide bernese with a calm and gentle personality. She is very smart and always brightens our day. We plan for her to be mom to our F1 Bernedoodles.
F1 Standard Goldendoodle
Weight: 60 lbs
Read full bio
Caroline is the newest addition to the family. She is a F1 standard Goldendoodle. She is the daughter of our Golden Retriever, Remi. She has a beautiful red parti and curly coat. She has a very laid back personality and is lazy most of the time. She loves children and loves to snuggle. We expect her to look like our retired mom, Reagan. We plan for her to be mom of our F1b Standard Goldendoodles starting in 2025.
Dolley & Kimber
AKC Golden Retrievers
Weight: 50-60 lbs
Best Friends: Must Stay Together!
Read full bio
Kimber is our youngest AKC Golden Retriever. She is also the daughter of our mom, Remi. She has a beautiful red coat and is smaller in size just like her mom. Kimber has a super laid-back personality. She is always so calm and gentle. Her favorite thing to do is chill under the shade tree or lounge near where we are. Kimber will complete her health testing when she turns two. We plan for her to be mom to our Golden Retriever and Mini F1 Goldendoodle litters.
Dolley is one of our young AKC Golden Retrievers. She is our ray of sunshine. She is a happy go lucky girl who has a laid back personality. She is very loyal, sweet, and gentle with children. She spends most of her time running around the farm with her best friend Kimber. She loves to swim, and to play with her toys. Dolley will turn two in fall of 2023 and will complete her health testing. We expect her to be our mom of our Golden Retriever litters starting in 2024.
Guardian Home Application
Get in Touch
Kristine Probst | 812.639.9855
Jenna Goebel | 618.707.1802
12542 N. 300th St. | Wheeler, IL