Our Guardian Home Program is when a family has one of our dogs in their home and care full time.
The dog is placed with the Guardian at no cost to the Guardian family. The dog will stay with the Guardian family the majority of her life, except for when she is in her heat cycle, when whelping, and when caring for her puppies up to 5-6 weeks of age.
We have ownership and exclusive breeding rights, meaning she cannot be bred to any other males outside our breeding program. Once the contract is fulfilled (usually at 6 years of age), we will spay her and sign over complete ownership to the guardian family.
What are the Requirements of a Potential Guardian?
- Live within 60 miles of Island Grove Pet Kennels.
- Experienced Pet Owner.
- Have a fenced in yard or outdoor area for keeping the dog in the yard and other dogs out.
- Be willing to provide potty and basic obedience training.
- Feed recommended food and give recommended supplements provided by the breeder.
- Be financially responsible for routine care of the dog such as purchasing food, routine vaccinations and vet visits, heartworm/flea & tick prevention, and grooming.
- Provide adequate exercise for the dog on daily basis.
Advantages of Being a Guardian Home?
- You are the Guardian of an Amazing Doodle! – When we choose a puppy to join our program, we are looking for the best! We choose a puppy based on healthy genetics and bloodlines, temperament, and color, so we can ensure you and our puppy families receive awesome companions.
- You get to join in on the excitement of seeing the puppies of your doodle grow.
- Free puppy/dog sitting when the guardian family needs to go out of town.
- Breeder pays for spay at end of contract.
- Guardian is paid $50 per puppy sold from the dog’s litters.
- Breeder support for the lifetime of Dog.
Available for the Guardian Program
Guardian Home Application
Get in Touch
Kristine Probst | 812.639.9855
Jenna Goebel | 618.707.1802
12542 N. 300th St. | Wheeler, IL